- Dramatically reduces food waste disposal costs. Reduces transportation costs and carbon dioxide emissions (CO2).
- In the United States we generate 31.7 million tons of food waste each year; that is 12.5% of the total waste stream and the second largest component of the national waste stream.
- Solution will have an impact on CO2 emissions equivalent to taking 1 of every 5 cars off the road.
- Avoids greenhouse gas emissions coming from rotten food (Methane) in landfills.
In the US rotten food accounts for 34% of all methane emissions.
- Methane is 20 times more damaging to the environment than carbon dioxide CO2 (EPA).
- Landfills in the US are steadily decreasing from 8,000 in 1988 to 1,754 in 2006.
- Allows compost to go back to its origins thus closing the loop of recycling.
- Unique solution to treat organic waste where it is being produced.
- Immediate treatment eradicates vermin problems and pest control costs.